Friday, February 8, 2008

Disneyland!!!

Well, we just got back from three days at Disneyland! Wow! I think I've had enough Disneyland this past year to last me another few years to come.... This time we went with Mason's mom and Evan. This was Evan's first visit to ANY amusement park, so it was actually a lot of fun just to watch him take it all in.

I think the highlight of our trip was the last day, which was overcast and cold. However, we saved all the inside stuff for that day, knowing that it might rain (which it did in the morning). Anyway, we went to see Turtle Talk with Crush and at the end Brayden and Evan were a little disappointed that they didn't get to ask Crush a question. So, Mom tells them why not go ask Scott (the guy hosting the show that day) and maybe he has your answers. Well, they could see that the boys were a little disappointed, so they closed the doors again and called Crush back out just to talk to the two boys for 5-10 mins all by themselves! That made us all feel pretty special..... What a unique opportunity!

We also had a Character Breakfast in honor of Brayden's birthday (a week and a half late). We had the Minnie and Friends breakfast in the park and, let me say, I highly recommend it. The characters all came right to the table and some of them even sat down for a few minutes! Dale (from Chip and Dale) probably sat and tickled McKenzie for 5 minutes....she was giggling like crazy. Of course, Kenzie's favorites were the fairy godmother (or Bipidy Bopidy Boo as Brayden called her) and Minnie Mouse. Brayden's were Minnie Mouse and I think Captain Hook. Anyway, the funny thing about the whole experience is that it actually cost us less than going to IHOP for breakfast the next day!

Well, overall we all had a blast. It was fun to watch Evan going on the rides (his favorite was the bumper cars in Flick's Fun Fair). He even braved Space Mountain, although it was "a little bit too fast." Brayden is now big enough for most of the bigger rides, and he absolutely LOVED Star Tours (what boy wouldn't). I think Mom's highlights were Crush and Aladdin.

If I don't post again in the next week -- HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!

No comments: