Friday, May 15, 2009

I love it!

I love it when kids are learning to speak and they make silly little mistakes in their English. The other day McKenzie looked up in my closet and wanted to know why her clothes were in my closet. I asked her, "What clothes are in there?" and she responds, "Well, it's not clothes...it's just one cloe" So, cloe is one piece of clothing and clothes are two? I was laughing so hard it was hard to try and explain that cloe isn't a word for one article of clothing.

Then this morning I was listening to the kids play in the next room. McKenzie (again) says, "Ladies and Gentlemen...Boys and Girls...Welcome to the flableelus tunnel!" And she kept saying "flableelus" all day long! It was so cute, I couldn't correct her. When I asked her where she learned that word, she said she had heard it from Brayden, of course. I must have missed that part of the conversation.

Anyway, hope everyone has a "flableelus" day!

4 comments:

Stephanie Cameron said...

This made me smile. So cute!

The Special Reds said...

That is cute. It makes sense that clothes should be cloe in the singular.

Dan and Melissa said...

Those stories are hilarious! She is so cute! She is talking so well!

The Wilcken 7 said...

I wish we could freeze some of the funny moments in time, they make up for the days that we feel likke the kids drive us crazy! Love your recent posts. Miss you!